Love making art and need to take your career to the next step? Winners of Wales International Young Artist Award (WIYAA) get a private exhibition in the Welsh capital that is attended by many renownend artists and sector leads. As a winner you also get £500!
What is the award?
One artist in each category will be shortlisted to participate in a collective exhibition. From this shortlist an overall winner will be chosen.
A winner will be selected in November and will get the opportunity for his/her work to have an international platform through our network of offices in six continents and over 100 countries. The nature of the profiling and exhibition of the winner’s art will depend on the category of the piece. There will also be a cash prize of £500.
Am I eligible?
Artists who are Welsh born and/or Welsh resident, between the ages of 17 and 25 are eligible to participate. Proof of age may be required.
When is the deadline?
1 April 2014 - competition opens.
26 September 2014 - entry deadline – jurors announced.
November 2014 - results announced.
How to enter
In this, the centenary of his birth, all entries to the Wales International Young Artist Award must reflect, interpret or be inspired by the work of Dylan Thomas. All entries must be submitted by 5pm on 26 September 2014. British Council Wales will acknowledge receipt of each entry via email.
Entries can be made in one of seven categories; film, photography, graphic design, printmaking, drawing, painting and sculpture.
Guidelines for each category are as follows:
- Film: film entries should be no more than three minutes in length and be submitted on DVD to the address below.
- Photography: entrants in this category can submit up to five images via email or post. The file size for emailed JPEG’s must be no larger than 10MB.
- Graphic design: entries can be submitted via email or via registered post to the address below.
- Printmaking/drawing/painting: originals to be posted to the address below.
- Sculpture: entrants in this category can submit a photograph of their sculpture via email, or send the original sculpture via registered post or hand deliver (if manageable) to the address below.
All email entries should be sent to: email@example.com All posted entries should be sent registered post to our address in Wales. Moreover all competition entries should also be accompanied by the competition application form available below.