Applications for Future News Worldwide 2020 are open NOW
We're looking for young aspiring journalists from Wales to take part in Future News Worldwide.
Successful applicants will join 100 of the world's most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists on an intensive media training programme.
You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide will take place on 14 and 15 July 2020 at Sky's global headquarters in London.
You can apply if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate and aged 18-25.
The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
"The experience of Future News Worldwide was fantastic. It was a great opportunity to network with people from across the globe. I would probably never have been able to take part in this experience without the support and financial aid from the British Council. Great event, great location and a great network of journalists and friends."
George Caulton, Future News Worldwide 2018 delegate and Cardiff University alumnus
If you're a student or a recent graduate from Wales or studying in Wales, who's passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you're a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below:
• be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
• be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
• be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
• not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future News before
• be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
• be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 - 16 July 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Applications close at noon GMT (UK time) on 14 February 2020
Find out more about the opportunity and application process here