Funded opportunity for artists and arts organisations in Wales to visit Vietnam
Wales has been focussing on strengthening links with Vietnam through higher education since 2015. Funding from the Welsh Government, through the Global Wales programme, is now supporting university partnerships, scholarships, research collaboration and student mobility.
The British Council is offering the opportunity for artists and arts organisations in Wales to undertake a visit to Vietnam with a view to scoping a possible creative project and developing existing or new artistic connections.
The visit should take place before the end of May 2019.
About the scoping visit
The grant will cover international flights from / to Wales, accommodation costs and domestic transport, daily subsistence, incidental travel expenses and visa costs.
Aims and objectives
- Extend and Introduce connections between Welsh and Vietnamese artists and arts organisations
- Increase understanding for Welsh participants of the Vietnamese context.
We encourage applications from all levels and types of artists and arts organisations
Artists and organisations need to be currently based in Wales to be eligible for this opportunity.
How will my application be assessed?
Applications will be evaluated by the British Council, drawing on input from partner arts organisation(s) where appropriate.
Criteria for assessment:
- Usefulness of the visit to further development of project
- Feasibility of final project
- Capacity of organisation to undertake international work
- Level of interest and/or existing partnerships with Vietnam.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a grant contract with the British Council, upon receipt of which, the grant money can be paid. Please note that successful applicants will be required to answer a survey prior to and after their visit and submit a report after the visit.
How to apply
Please submit a short proposal that includes the following information:
- Your interest in undertaking a scoping visit to Vietnam and the immediate objectives and planned outcomes of the visit.
- Details of your existing creative partnerships or projects in Vietnam and how you plan to build upon this through the scoping visit.
- If you are proposing to develop new connections, please indicate how you will approach this independently and through your existing partnerships.
- Your CV, detailing particularly past international work and partnerships
- What you envisage the next steps to be, after the visit is complete
- Confirmation of applicant’s ability to undertake the trip before the end of May 2019.
Successful applicants will be informed by 31 January 2019.