Future Leaders Connect - the global network for emerging policy leaders
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to young people (age 18-35) in Wales that will enable them to connect with exceptional individuals from around the globe who have big ideas and want to change the world through policy making.
We are looking for individuals with ideas, energy and ambition who can passionately articulate their vision for global change and explain the role of policy making in helping them to achieve this.
Future Leaders Connect will give fifty young people from around the world the opportunity to meet and collaborate, and to develop policy making expertise, make valuable connections and gain skills to have real impact.
Together they will discuss major global policy issues, engage with inspiring leaders, visit some of the UK’s leading institutions and collaborate to produce innovative policy recommendations.
The skills, experience and connections made through Future Leaders Connect will help ambitious young people seize their leadership potential.
- Shortlisted candidates from Wales will undergo an interview process. Two finalists will be selected to take part in the Future Leaders Connect programme.
The fifty global finalists will join Future Leaders Connect, which offers:
- Nine day residential programme in Cambridge and London, with various interactive workshops that will enhance existing leadership and communication skills, and share policy making best practice.
- Working as an international group, together they will combine individual expertise to collectively address some of the world’s greatest global challenges.
- Meet and engage with UK Parliamentarians, visit UK leading institutions and attend private meetings with inspiring leaders and policy makers from around the world.
- A one day conference in the UK Houses of Parliament themed Fast Forward: Preparing for the World Ahead of Us. The conference will be an interactive day of discussions and debates with UK Parliamentarians addressing some of the world’s most urgent issues.
Why apply to become a member of Future Leaders Connect?
- Become a member of a long-term network, connecting with other future leaders from across the world
- Fully funded access to a nine day programme of leadership and policy skill development
- Enhance your professional development
- Opportunity to have your voice and ideas heard in the UK Houses of Parliament
- Attend private meetings with some of the UK’s most senior leaders
- Visit UK leadership institutions
- Learn from senior policy experts and campaigners
- Access to future opportunities from the British Council
How to apply
- You must be able to attend the residential programme of learning and development, and conference between 18 to 27 October 2017.
- You must be aged between 18-35.
- Closing date for applications is Thursday 20 July 2017.
Find out more about the opportunity and how to make your application to become a member of Future Leaders Connect.
Join in the conversation on social media using #FutureLeadersConnect