We're working with the National Assembly for Wales to promote the profile of Wales globally and to develop international relations.
At the start of the Fifth Assembly in 2016 we suggested to a number of Assembly Members that a Cross-Party Group for international affairs should be set up. The idea was met with enthusiasm and Rhun ap Iorwerth AM agreed to chair the group, with British Council Wales to act as the secretariat.
After its inaugural meeting of interested AMs, the group's first full meeting was held in October 2016, where the group discussed the importance of international links to Wales' higher education sector. You can view the minutes below.
Terms of reference
1. To encourage the National Assembly for Wales to promote an international agenda for Wales.
2. To inform AMs about the opportunities for and advantages of international links.
3. To provide a forum for Assembly members to raise issues pertaining to internationalisation and discuss the development of international links for Wales
4. The Cross Party Group will meet on a quarterly basis. Membership will consist of AMs but representatives of interested organisations are welcome to join the meetings
5. Administration for the group is shared between the office of Rhun ap Iorwerth AM, chair of the group, and British Council Wales Cymru, secretariat.