The International Education Programme (IEP) is a programme funded by the Welsh Government and implemented by the British Council. The programme covers nursery, primary, secondary, further and higher education. Professionals and young people alike benefit through formal and non-formal international educational opportunities.
The aims and objectives of this programme are:
- to provide individuals with knowledge and skills necessary to contribute in a global community
- to increase awareness, attitudes and response to global learning
- to increase sustained collaboration between Wales and other countries
- to improve educational levels and productive partnerships
- to increase the employability of young people in Wales
- to focus on key Welsh Government education policy priorities.