Shakespeare Lives in Schools Day will be marked in schools all over the world by children of all ages on Friday 2 December 2016.
We are inviting you and your school to join in a global celebration of Shakespeare in this special 400th anniversary year.
How can you get involved?
- Download our 20 activity ideas for your school to do on Shakespeare Lives in Schools Day (see below).
- Print out the cut out Shakespeare masks for students to wear on the day from page 3 of the pack
- Pass around the printable cards with Shakespeare quotes from page 6 of the pack
- Hold an assembly using the Powerpoint presentations below – challenge your students to tell the difference between Twelfth Night and Justin Bieber
- Check out our teaching Shakespeare resource developed with the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Screen the downloadable crowd-sourced Macbeth film featuring interpretations of the Scottish play from across the globe (coming soon)
Tell us how you are celebrating Shakespeare Lives in Schools Day, whether you are performing famous speeches or a whole play, screening our crowd-sourced Macbeth film, dressing up as your favourite character, sharing your favourite quotes, making shoebox set designs for your favourite play, or striking freeze-frames of iconic scenes. Remember to use our release forms (see below) if you are sending us photos or video footage of children.