Global Wales Discover is a British Council-run programme funded by the Welsh Government and Global Wales, which provides funding for Welsh institutions to deliver short-term physical and virtual mobility opportunities for Welsh undergraduate students to work, study or volunteer in another country.
Welsh students can spend between two and eight weeks studying, working or volunteering globally.
For physical opportunities funding is available for living costs and travel expenses, whereas for virtual opportunities the funding is for programme fees.
For students, Global Wales Discover is a valuable opportunity to learn and discover, build skills and confidence, enhance employability and develop cultural awareness.
Who can take part?
Global Wales Discover is open to Welsh undergraduate students who are studying at one of the following Welsh institutions:
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Cardiff University
- Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
- Swansea University
- University of South Wales
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University
If you are a student interested in taking part in Global Wales Discover, please contact your institutions' international office by clicking the links above to find out what opportunities are available.
To be eligible for funding, Welsh undergraduates must:
- be a UK national or have 'settled status'
- have been Welsh-domiciled for three years or more prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course
- have been living in the UK for three years before starting the course.