Global Wales is a partnership between British Council Wales, Universities Wales, Welsh Government and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales. The partnership promotes Wales’ world class higher education (HE) sector internationally, using market research, arranging visits to Wales from potential partners, taking the message about Welsh HE abroad and promoting Welsh HE through the Study in Wales brand.
Together we're working to:
- Deliver a consistent message about the quality and diversity of Welsh higher education in terms of research, skills, knowledge exchange and student experience.
- Develop partnerships with key Welsh sectors to further develop international links.
- Provide support to Welsh universities in their existing international activities to help deliver a strong brand for Welsh HE.
- Develop new initiatives that help grow the university sector’s contribution to Wales’ economy and cultural relations with the rest of the world, particularly in the areas of collaborative research, innovation and student recruitment.
Our plan for 2015-2018, includes:
- Market Research: Identifying and evaluating the best global markets for Welsh HE activity.
- Inward Visits: A better use of inward visits to Wales to build relationships with our priority markets.
- Outward Missions: The development of a targeted programme of outward missions based on our priority markets. This includes independent Welsh delegations as well as increased Welsh participation in UK missions.
- Promotion: A three year commitment to promoting the Study in Wales brand to priority markets, using digital media, publications and key international education conferences.
- Intelligence: Collecting and analysing data to inform partners of the latest trends in international activity in Wales